Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Allow me to be frank

First entry of the day. I'm actually having a minor headache and it's nothing to do with migraine. It's just that, my monitor has a problem. Time to change to a new LCD Flat Screen monitor but I know that's NOT gonna happen very soon. I received quite a bad news from Rukidah yesterday morning, it seems like we will not be able to buy the previously suggested ACER PC. Me so sad. REALLY. I can't even tell how much I'm frustrated. I mean, honestly, this issue has been brought to EXCO Meeting more than 3 times and it has been delayed for almost 2 years now. Every time we are THIS close to buying the PCs, there's more important things to do and now it's because of a building that cost RM13.6 million. I'm not complaining or anything. I'm just a little bumped. That's all. Now, people may think that I didn't do my job or that I don't care of their welfare (I mean the student in particular because...mmm..have you seen Lab B?).

And that I'm a BAD Head of Unit. Believe me. There's nothing I can do about it. I have to be rational and I can't be very DIFFICULT on Finance Unit about it because believe it or not I understand what they feel and what their priorities are. They are also struggling to ensure every other important things are get paid i.e. staff salary, KWSP, PERKESO.

Those are more important than buying PCs, right? So, I really have to look at things on their side and not being selfish about it. But, at the same time, we are in the DESPERATE need of some changes around here. So, I looked for other PC with less expensive price that will not cost more than RM45k. And, I wish and pray that this one will be APPROVED. I'm only hoping.

No comments: