Tuesday, May 20, 2008

United States Seventh Fleet Band


Last Sunday after mass and Food Fair at Sacred Heart Cathedral, we went for lunch at Kompleks Karamunsing (dissaponted because we were unable to eat the soto ayam at church, cos so many people there and we were soooo hungry we couldn't wait in line). The lunch food was not that great and delicious and I felt cheated paying RM8.00 for baked macaroni cheese in a very tiny bowl. Damn. After lunch, I went to Watson to buy some beauty products and heard some kind of sound check around the ground floor area and decided to check what's going on and I saw a quite big banner there about a Charity Music concert or something like that by United States Seventh Fleet Band for an hour, sponsored by Rotary Club of Kota Kinabalu. That time it was a sound check and the mini show started at 12.30 noon and the US navy played non stop music from yesteryears to date. Some of the songs that I recognize are Rolling on the River (Tina Turner), Can't Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley), Jail House Rock (Elvis Presley), A Little Less Conversation (E.Presley),Easy Like Sunday Morning (Lionel Richie), Brown Eyed Girl (Chris Morrison), Dani California (Red Hot Chili Peppers), I think there's other song that I know but I forgot since my newly bought N81 was out of battery since Saturday and I forgot my charger at work. Bodoh betul. So, I googled those guys and found this picture so I decided to upload it in my blog. Anyway, picture above is courtesy of and belongs to U.S. Navy and the band's website is http://www.seventhfleetband.navy.mil/.

I enjoyed the mini concert very very very much and the drummer is kinda cute too and my guess is he's still young...maybe sesuai untuk si Uzze tu Ets....hehehehe. Kalu dia tidak mau, sya bagi si Jacynta.

The circled dude are those in the mini concert last Sunday. But some of them is not in the picture, including the lead singer and the drummer for Uzze or Cynta.

Anyhoo....I found a USSFB clip on YouTube, the performance last Sunday is something like this

No comments: