Friday, September 12, 2008

In Memoriam ....

11th September 2001 

I remember what I was doing when Am (classmate) called me to tell me the news. I thought he was kidding. Then, he asked me to turn on my TV, so I did. TV1. Don't laugh, I was a student, cannot afford Astro, plus tinggal di hostel bah. We were studying for either mid-term exam or final exam, it was close to 11pm.

Me and my room mate Ida watched the live telecast from NYC and all we saw was World Trade Centre and some reporter talking on the background. Then, from what the reporter was saying, an airplane crashed into the building. I'm not sure whether by that time they already knew it was a hijack or an accident but smokes were up in the air and minutes later the building collapse. We saw that Live on TV. Ida and me. 

No, I'm not going to comment about the tragedy, I believe millions other have done so. One thing for sure, who ever did it clearly is THE MOST EVIL HUMAN ALIVE.


My prayers are with you, may your soul rest in peace.


Lord our God, You are always faithful and quick to show mercy. They were suddenly and violently taken from us. Come swiftly to their aid, have mercy on them, and comfort their family and friends by the power and protection of the cross. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: