Monday, January 12, 2009

REVIEW - Lady Gaga : The Fame

Remember my end of 2008 hair muse, Lady Gaga?





Lady Gaga or her real name Stefani Joanne Germanotta is a current music sensation in the US. Having topped the Billboard Chart at No.1 last week with her single "Just Dance" made me want to listen to her entire album, The Fame. I first discovered Lady Gaga in an interview on MTV - Making The Video and I thought she's gorgeous and hip. But just by mentioning Lady Gaga, I thought it's gonna be someone like Lil' Kim or Mya or Ciara. But, boy, was I wrong.


I love almost every songs listed in The Fame despite mixed reviews from different sources. Something that me and the girls can officially point as our pre-clubbing songs. Although, I notice that her voice changes in few of the songs from something sounds so powerful to flirty - cute-cutesy mode, something like you would imagine that she's singing while biting her finger and smiling innocently and batting her eyelashes (I'm referring to the track Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)).

I read somewhere that she also design her own outfits, yet another singer that will come up with her own clothing line I suppose. It's so predictable.

Lyrics wise though, there's nothing to be proud of, like any other pop and hip-hop songs, the lyrics are ridiculous or some doesn't even make sense. Normal people like me will never get what

"Half Psychotic, Sick Hypnotic, got my blueprint it's symphonic Half Psychotic, Sick Hypnotic got my blueprint electronic" means.

Anybody care to explain to me? LOL. Anyway, nowadays I think, lyrics doesn't matter that much as long as the tunes are great. And Lady Gaga has brilliant tunes. Even Akon don't have great lyrics but still I love his sounds THAT much.

EXAMPLE: AKON FEAT. SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA F**K YOU.

Ignore the great tune, did you listen to the lyrics? My point exactly. It merely suggest that women are ONLY good for sex and nothing more.

All in all, The Fame is an album with great tunes. You won't regret buying this album because it has so much to offer.

Highlights: Just Dance, Love Game, Again & Again, Papparazzi, Poker Face, Brown Eyes, Eh Eh (Nothing I Can Say.

No comments: