Monday, August 3, 2009

ALBUM Review: Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D


The fifth studio album from one of my favorite hip hop group, The Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D (abbreviation for Energy Never Dies) is out in store since months ago!!! (Official US Release date was 9th June)


Personally, Boom Boom Pow, the first single from the current album which is their first #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart is not my favorite in the album. The first time I ever heard of that song, I hated Fergie's voice .. too high-pitched for me. But then, after listening to this song played in the clubs around KK which definitely have AWESOME sound system compared to my laptop or my car, I started to LOVE LOVE LOVE that song, but then, only if it is played in the club and not my car or laptop. Will.I.Am must've been on weeds when he composed this song. LOL.With this album, B.E.P is continuing the success of Elephunk and Monkey Business, their previous albums with multiple hits such as "Where is the love", "My Humps", "Don't Lie" and "Let's Get It Started", to name a few. There is some 80's music influence in this album, and obviously this group is trying out a new concept to sell more records, but then stick to their established slick, pop-funk sound that captured hearts of many music lovers.

The album started of with Boom Boom Pow, which is a blast (I only think so after I heard it played in clubs) , so people, for amazing listening pleasure of this song, if you don't have kick ass sound system visit your nearest club to appreciate the music. It totally deserves it's #1 spot on Billboard Hot 100 Charts.


"I Gotta Feeling" is easily the favorite party song of 2009. Hands down! The bebes and I put this on whilst getting ready for the night out. It truly lifts up the party mood and the feel-good mood in you! It's definitely something different than the rest of B.E.P tracks that you may wonder is it really B.E.P? No lyrical depth tho, you can forget about good lyrics but who cares?? It's all about the beat, no? However, I think this is not a club material. Don't think the DJs are gonna play this song in club. Nevertheless, you can listen to it in a car on the way.. hah!

Starting from Boom Boom Pow right to Party All The Time, it's a great mood and energy booster, but, trouble is right after Party All The Time, the album lose it sparks as suddenly the tracks become so serious talking about economy and tribes like WTH? I think the worst song all all the track listed in this album is Ring-A-Ling!!, a song about phone sex. LOL. Don't think a song like that is gonna trigger erection in the first place. Think, Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On instead of Ring-A-Ling.

Like any music albums, The E.N.D has its highs and lows, its moment of euphoria and major embarrassment, songs that you will remember for a VERY long time and songs that you will probably hate for the rest of your life.



The E.N.D Track Listing:

1. Boom Boom Pow
2. Rock That Body
3. Meet Me Halfway
4. Imma Be
5. Alive
6. Missing You
7. Ring-A-Ling
8. Party All The Time
9. Out Of My Head
10. Electric City
11. Showdown
12. Now Generation
13. One Tribe
14. Rockin' To The Beat

ULTIMATE FAVORITE TRACK: ALIVE
(fell in love with the song first time I listen to it)


WHERE CAN I GET THIS DRESS??
Fergie looks effin' hot here!!

No comments: