Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Bride-To-Be : Your Site Is Annoying

Since it is not our culture to create a registry for wedding gifts, I find this quite funny and TERLEBIH SUDAH!

I was on MSN when I stumbled upon an article mocking the wedding website the couples created prior to their wedding. The teaser title, same title i used for this blog entry grabbed my attention so I clicked the link and read it. Anyways, read this article before anything.

So, as you can see, there’s a photo on this article, a sample of annoying wedding website that they were talking about. (FML, before there’s an option to insert picture via URL, now it’s gone, have to save the damn photo before I can post it in blog!) – and I don’t even want to save it! Kanasai… click the picture to be redirected to the website.

weddingcrap

Personally, I don’t have any problem with people who create a wedding website. It’s just like any other websites / blog. But, how I wished with all the website tools, applications and widgets available these days to create even more attractive blog/ personal websites, they could at least come up with a better one rather than a boring static HTML website. Yawn. So 1990’s. I remember the first time I had “Develop Your Own Personal Homepage” as a project in college (Freshmen year). Back then, the most up to date tool was either Netscape Composer (a WYSIWYG HTML editor) or Microsoft Frontpage. So, in 2010, I’m not even sure if* they used that to design this website or not but clearly it’s something as plain as that editor! DOUBLE YAWN now.

Other thing is the Photo Gallery arrangement, I don’t know why they didn’t think of adding Photo Albums instead of one picture for each link. They could’ve thumbnailed it for easier navigation. Doh! But, I guess it’s forgivable because there’s a very high possibility that they’re not geeks like yours truly. So, for that, I give them a break Haha.

Now, to the juiciest part of it and the main reason why this entry is here in the first place is the REGISTRY section of the website. If you are interested enough, do check out the website for laughs but to safe you the trouble if you’re not interested, here’s what the bride wrote in that section

Hello everyone and thanks for thinking about us by checking out our registry. Jim and I already have most everything we need for our new house (the one with the big mortgage that we bought at the height of the market). We registered for some items, listed on the link below. If everything's been gifted, and you still want to get us something, we'd prefer you send a financial contribution, instead of items that aren't on the registry. ;)
Looking forward to seeing you at our wedding (the one that's way over budget)!! Thanks!!”

LOL. Talk about milking it with a side dish of BRAGGING or is it BRAGGING the main course here? I know right…..its probably just weird for me, I don’t know about you guys, cos like I said this is so not our culture. People at this side of the world do not expect guests to bring wedding gifts for the reception, but it’s only polite to do so. Over here, we want to celebrate the holy matrimony and just wants our family, closest relatives and friends to celebrate the big day with us. Probably, some are aiming for lots of RMs from guests but at least it’s not very obvious like that!

And another juicy part on this section is the registry itself. Well, the bride registered only 3 item, 2 were already fulfilled except for one and I don’t know if anyone will ever gonna fulfill that! Can you guess what it is?? I think NOT. Well… the last registry not fulfilled is a …….

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

PORSCHE 911 CARRERA

porsche

Obviously nobody loved them THAT MUCH to fulfill this one. LMAO. So, dream ON bride.

x

4 comments:

Rungitom said...

Now thats a sneaky way to earn some free money... I have no idea why on earth do they want to publicize their marriage online. Who's going to look after it if they get divorced in he future?(hopefully not)

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that the wedding website featured in the article is a fake website created for two television characters? It's full of injokes and references for fans of the show, including the registry. Most real brides know better than to register for a car and ask for a cash donations.

sbobet said...

sip bro...langsung ke TKP..
mo cek harsbobetganya nih

Nancy said...

Well,I saw that on MSN News and didn't put that much thought and research into. Was a fun read and a fun post. Maybe when you get married you can make a joke and register a car?? LOL. x