Friday, January 4, 2013

And They Call It Puppy Love

Puppy love (also known as a crushcalf love, or kitten love) is an informal term for feelings of love, romance or infatuation felt by young people during their childhood and even adolescence, so-called for its resemblance to the adoring, worshipful affection that may be felt by a puppy. Simple infatuation is often called a 'crush' or 'puppy love'. It commonly strikes those in the early teens or younger.

What an intro for the first post in my blog for 2013! Well, credits to Wikipedia for the definition of puppy love. LOL. Did you think I came up with that? Bah, thank you la. 

Anyways, it's not too late to wish everyone a Happy New Year 2013. Hope you had a blast during the count down. I had an awesome time with my nieces first and then the second half of it having drinks with my husband while Ben was in Tambunan with grandma and his uncles and aunties. Parents do need a break sometimes. 

Back to the topic of puppy love. Who was your first crush back when you were a child? I couldn't remember the first EVER one that I had a crush on but I certainly remember someone that I took the trouble to write a letter to, asking if he can be my "abang angkat". Well, back in my school days many years ago, this is a popular term that actually means "I'm interested". I forgot berapa banyak ABANG ANGKAT saya pernah ada and berapa banyak yang saya mau kasi jadi abang angkat. LOL. 

So back to this one guy that I made an effort to send a letter asking if he can be my abang angkat. His name is Linus. I don't remember the full name anymore now. But in my eyes (at that time) he's the most HENSUM guy in St.Martin. So I wrote a letter to him, asked my friend (she's my neighbor) which happened to be in the same class with him to pass the letter to him. By the way, did I mention I'm in Form 1 and he's in Form 5? So he got the letter and probably I was the joke of the week but he was nice enough to write back to me and said he don't mind to be my abang angkat. Ahaahahahahah. 

I've never really talked to him and but he always made my day, just stalking him from afar was enough to make me excited going to school (which is not quite the right motivation to go to school). I wonder where he is now. I doubt that I will still find him cute but that is a good memory worth blogging about.

The End.

Whats your puppy love story?

2 comments:

Gunaqz said...

Hi Cie,
OMG, I know who you are talking about. Lol. Dua org jak nama Linus di St.Martin masa kita form 1. Satu form 3, satu form 5. Ada satu lagi form 5 tapi full name dia Marcelinus (deceased). If we are talking about the same guy, then rupanya we share the same abang angkat. LOL. He masuk maktab after SPM. We kept in touch until he finished his course. Naturally, he lost interest to keep up with his letters when he got posted for a job. Ada sudah kunun gia steady girlfriend dia kan. Hahaha.

Sia ada bumped on him di Sabindo a couple of years ago. You are right, he's not as cute anymore but boy, wasn't he when he was younger? Good writing, Cie. Terjebak sudah sia mo imbas kenangan puppy loves dulu dulu...

Nancy said...

Hahaha Er...now I remember his full name. Linus John Tadong bah tu...wahahhaha....he's 5 sains tu dulu. Oh yeah he was totally cute dulu. Just read you blog Marah-marah yesterday at work...it inspired me to update my blog. LOL