It's been 15 days since I started my early morning workout regime (minus one day off last Saturday) and I am very happy that my BFF has started hers today! Even whatsapped me at 4:45am in the morning... well done BFF. Let's inspire each other hehehe.
I took a before photo on the 16th September and I took another one today before I start my workout just to see if I made any progress. Surprisingly, I can see my upper abs are starting to form! (Sikit saja laaaaa tapi sia happy nevertheless). I will post all transformation pics end of December because I believe if I keep up this routine till then I will achieve my personal goal.
This is probably old news to a lot of people but I just discovered why it's best to do the early morning workouts....my only reason doing this was just that's the only time I've got without interruption from my toddler. Apparently, there's a few other reasons why early morning exercises is good for you. Below article is directly copied from dailyhealthpost.com
1. A Consistent WorkoutA big barrier to getting enough exercise is often the fact that it’s hard to fit it into a daily schedule. It’s extra hard if you have kids, work unpredictable hours, or have a somewhat spontaneous social life. If you commit to working out in the morning, however, you’re way less likely to have the excuse of things just popping up. Plus, you won’t be exhausted from a rough day at the office. In fact, people who work out in the morning have shown to stick to their exercise plans better than people who plan to exercise after work.
2. Better Cardiovascular ImpactOne of the reasons you’re plugging in time on the treadmill or pounding the pavement is to improve your heart health, right? Well, working out in the morning can actually increase the impact that exercise has on your heart. Why? One of the ways that your body naturally wakes you up is by increasing levels of hormones like adrenaline, which causes your heart to beat faster. This means that you can eke out some extra cardiovascular benefits when you work out in the morning.
A caveat: if you have heart problems, talk to your doctor about working out in the morning, because research has shown that this extra heart activity can lead to chest pain and even heart attacks for people with underlying issues.
3. Brain Boosting PowerExercise has been proven to increase mental focus and acuity for up to ten whole hours post-workout. If you’re squeezing in your exercise regimen after work, you’re not taking full advantage of those ten hours, since you’re likely sleeping for most of them. An A.M. workout means that both your brain and your body are in good shape all day.
4. Better Weight LossIf you’re working out to shed some pounds, it looks like the morning is the optimal exercise time for you. An early trip to the gym has been shown to result in fewer food cravings throughout the day. Perhaps even better, working out in the morning means that your body will burn calories faster and more efficiently throughout the day. Combine that with nutritional foods and you have the perfect workout.
5. More EnergyExercise releases feel-good compounds like endorphins that improve your mood and energy levels, an effect that can last well into the afternoon if you get your workout in early. Plus, exercising in the morning can help you sleep better than if you work out later in the evening, since you’re not getting that extra energy boost as you’re trying to settle in for the night.
Well that's it! Its probably sounds quite ridiculous to hit the gym at the wee hours of the morning in KK but hey there's a lot of YouTube videos that we can use as guidelines for home workout, just need to find one that suits us. I am no expert so I cannot suggest anything cos what works for me might not work for you.
Till then....Misi Menghapuskan Lelemak Post Pregnancy Continuesssss.......